This course is the foundation for all courses in the Business Process Management Curriculum and is required for BPM certification. Can be taken separately from the main certification courses.
This introduction to BPM is a must for everyone interested in business process improvement. It’s designed for business managers, business analysts, and practitioners involved in process-based change and the human and automation implementation of process solutions. This course is the foundation for all other courses in the BPM curriculum. It establishes a methodology, a common language, and a baseline for all other courses in the curriculum.
NB: This course can be taken separately, or as part of the complete 5 day certification. You can sign up for the complete 5 days here.
What you will achieve
- Understand the value and benefits of business process management
- Understand the principles of business process management and how to apply them
- Understand BPM best practices and methodologies
- Understand the respective roles of change management, process architecture, process analysis, process redesign, process improvement, process automation, and organization design
- Understand basic BPM management and measurement techniques
What you will learn
- The key considerations of a process-based approach to business process change management
- The strategic, tactical and operational considerations in a comprehensive BPM framework
- How to plan for cross-organization acceptance and implementation
Instructor: Mary Lowe, senior Consultant, BPTrends Associates
Mary is a Senior Consultant with BPTrends and has led numerous Business Process Management redesign projects during the past 20 years. Prior to joining BPTrends Associates she worked as an independent consultant with numerous clients in such diverse areas as manufacturing, telecommunications, mortgage lending, customer service, and student financial aid. Mary has also developed a quality assurance methodology for implementing change within organizations and step-by-step “facilitation kits” for process redesign workshops. Mary is a seasoned consultant and trainer and has developed and delivered numerous training programs to organizations involved in process change.